- Introduction – Who Are We?
We are Azienda Financial Services SARL, a Luxembourg based boutique provider of corporate services specialising in Private Equity, Real Estate and Structured Finance.
In this policy, ” Azienda “, “we”, “our” or “us” may refer to Azienda Financial Services SARL.
- What is this Notice?
In the course of providing various services to you or to someone connected with you, or in the course of providing services to or dealing with an entity by which you are employed (or in which you have an interest) or someone by whom you are employed or engaged, we may process your personal data – personal information relating to you from which you may be identified.
Azienda is bound to comply with EU data protection law, along with other similar applicable laws in other countries around the world. This Privacy Notice forms part of Azienda’s obligation to be open and fair with all individuals whose personal data we process and to provide full information on how we process such personal data and what we do with it.
If you receive services or products from Azienda, or you have specific interactions with us (for example, as a prospective employee), you may be provided with further privacy notices or statements which may be contained in a separate supplemental policy or within our terms and conditions of business. These additional privacy notices or statements shall supplement this Privacy Notice.
- What Data We Collect About You
We collect and process a range data about people we deal with and those connected to our clients and other counterparties. Such information might include:
Your personal details, such as your:
- Date of birth;
- Marital status;
- Country of residence;
- Tax or social security identifiers;
- Your profession, qualifications and employment history; and
- Your home and professional address Contact details for your work and personal details, such as email address, postal address and/or telephone number.
- Identification documentation, such as copies of your passport, driving licence, ID card or other documentation required by local law. Copies of these documents may include a photograph of your face and shoulders.
- Information provided through our recruitment process.
- Details of your visits to our premises.
- Details of people with whom you are connected, including your family, colleagues and others;
- Information regarding entities with which you are connected, including:
- your employer;
- your advisors;
- banking and other service providers; and
- entities in which you have an interest.
- Your marketing and other preferences; and
- Information which you provide to us in the course of corresponding with us.
We may also collect and process “special category” data in certain circumstances where we are required to for the purposes of our legal and/or regulatory obligations including, but not limited to, legislation and regulatory obligations relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting the Financing of Terrorism and all other related legislation. This may include information regarding your racial or ethnic origins, political opinion and affiliations or information relating to criminal records.
- Where we obtain your personal data
- We primarily collect your personal data from the following sources:
- from information which you or your authorised representative give to us, including but not limited to:
(a) information set out in any agreements entered into with us;
(b) such forms and documents as we may request that are completed in relation to the client take on and our ongoing administration;
(c) client due diligence documentation as part of our regulatory requirements; and
(d) any personal data provided by you by way of correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- personal data we receive from you or any third party sources which may include:
(a) entities in which you or someone connected to you has an interest;
(b) your legal and/or financial advisors;
(c) other financial institutions who hold and process your personal data to satisfy their own regulatory requirements;
(d) credit reference agencies and financial crime databases for the purposes of complying with our regulatory requirements; and
(e) including information collected via website (including cookies and IP addresses) , emails (e.g. traffic headers for analyzing patterns of network traffic and managing client relationships).
- We may also collect and process your personal data in the course of dealing with advisors, regulators, official authorities and service providers by whom you are employed or engaged or for whom you act.
- We are entitled to hold and process your personal data on the following lawful grounds:
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- where we are considering entering into a contract with you, for the purpose of concluding that contract and then performing that contract;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- where we have obtained your consent;
- on rare occasions:
(a) where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests); and
(b) on rare occasions, where it is needed in the public interest.
Some of the above grounds for processing described above will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal data.
- Inaccurate or Amended Information
Please let us know if any of your personal data (including correspondence details) changes as soon as possible. Failure to provide accurate information or to update changed information may have a detrimental impact upon our ability to provide services, including the processing of any subscription or redemption instructions. Failure to provide information where the same is required for anti-money laundering or other legal requirements means that we may not be able to provide services on a timely basis (or at all).
- Purposes of processing
We may process your personal data, for the purposes set out below (“Purposes”).
- facilitating the internal administration of entities we administer on behalf of clients;
- conducting financial screening;
- communicating with you as necessary in connection the provision of administration services;
- operating IT systems, software and business applications;
- supporting our IT and business applications support teams, accounting, legal, reporting, internal audit and risk management, administrative, transfer, document storage, record keeping and other related functions, including but not limited to processing personal data in connection with the Company;
- monitoring and recording telephone and electronic communications and transactions: (a) for quality, business analysis, training and related purposes in order to improve service delivery; and
(b) for investigation and fraud prevention purposes, for crime detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution of any unlawful act (or omission to act);
- disclosing your personal data (including your identity) to any bank or third party financial institution;
- to enforce or defend our rights, or those of third parties to whom we each may delegate responsibilities or rights in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations imposed on each of us;
- collecting, processing, transferring and storing “customer due diligence”, source of funds information and verification data under applicable anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws and regulations; and
- liaising with or reporting to any regulatory authority (including tax authorities) with whom we either are:
(a) required to cooperate with, report to; and/or
(b) with whom we decide or deem appropriate to cooperate.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- To the extent that such personal data contains special category data such as, for example: data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophical belief, trade union membership or criminal data then the processing of such data shall generally be for the purpose of complying with any right or duty imposed on us (or on any service provider appointed by us) by an enactment including, but not limited to, legislation and regulatory obligations relating to Anti Money Laundering and Combatting the Financing of Terrorism and all other related legislation.
- Sharing personal data
- We may share your personal data with third parties (including banks, financial institutions or other third party lenders, IT service providers, auditors and legal professionals) under the terms of any appropriate delegation or contractual arrangement. Those authorized third parties may, in turn, process your personal data abroad and may have to disclose it to foreign authorities to help them in their fight against crime and terrorism. Where such entities act as data processors, we will ensure that there is an appropriate agreement in place. Where such entities act as data controllers, they will be under an obligation to process your personal data in accordance with the law.
6. Retention of personal data
- Your personal data will be retained for or as long as required:
- to fulfil the Purposes for which the data was collected;
- in order to establish or defend legal rights or obligations or to satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations; and/or
- as required by other applicable laws or regulatory requirements.
- We endeavor to store your personal data securely in accordance with accepted market standards.
- Whilst we have taken every reasonable care to ensure the implementation of appropriate technical and security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data over the internet, via email or via our websites nor do we accept, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability for any errors in data transmission, machine, software or operating error or any other cause.
7. Access to and control of personal data
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to the following rights in respect of personal data:
- right to access and port personal data;
- right to rectify personal data;
- right to restrict the use of personal data;
- right to request that personal data is erased; and
- right to object to processing of personal data.
- Where we have processed personal data based on our legitimate interests, you have a specific right of objection. If you choose to do so, we may not be able to provide services to you.
- Right to withdraw consent
- In limited circumstances we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process your personal data – in particular where we are seeking to use special category data or to use data for another purpose.
- Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the global data protection officer. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- How to contact us
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, our retention procedures or our security processes, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office Azienda Financial Services Sarl 2-4 rue du Palais de Justice, L-1841 Luxembourg.
- Changes to this Policy
This Privacy Notice is dated 8 May 2018.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time without notice, in which case the date of the policy will be revised.
Information on Azienda can be accessed via www.azienda.lu